Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 SoC Announced with Performance and Power
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform is engineered for key experiences on mobile devices: AI, gaming, performance, and power. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 SoC promises 10 per cent better performance across gaming and web browsing. The CPU has been clocked at 2.3GHz compared in comparison to 2.2GHz of the last processor. The Snapdragon 712 SoC is based on the 10nm process. It has the Adreno 616 GPU and Spectra 250 ISP. The new SoC allows 4K video recording at 30fps.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 Mobile Platform is built on a 10nm process and uses a sophisticated, multicore Qualcomm® AI Engine consisting of the Qualcomm Kryo 360 CPU, Qualcomm Adreno 616 GPU, and the Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP. Compared to Snapdragon 710, devices powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 mobile platform are designed to better manage battery usage, auto-adjust settings for pictures, and understand your voice cues more naturally. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 mobile platform also lets you shoot 4K Ultra HD video so you can document every moment with less battery drain. Your footage will show amazing texture and sharp, colorful photos, even in low light.
AI to work smarter
Our 3rd generation multi-core Qualcomm AI Engine delivers up to 2x overall improvement for mobile AI applications.
Rich on-device experiences
With 10% faster graphics rendering and 4K HDR playback, you’ll be immersed in over 1 billion shades of color—delivered with an incredible audio experience.
With a 10nm processor, architecture enhancements, and core improvements, you’ll experience a 10% performance uplift across gaming, web browsing and more.
Superior battery life
When it’s time to recharge, rely on Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 4+ technology to take your phone from 0% to 50% in 15 minutes.
Stunning photos and videos
Capture vibrant, high-quality photos and videos thanks to new architectures in the 2nd generation Qualcomm Spectra ISP.
Keeping you connected faster
Connect quickly with the Qualcomm Snapdragon X15 LTE Modem, which provides download speeds over twice as fast as typical LTE Advanced capability.
Features – Qualcomm Snapdragon 712
- Supports highly-advanced on-device AI
- Hexagon Vector architecture designed to execute neural networks efficiently
- Optimizations for fixed and floating-point networks on Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU and Qualcomm® Adreno™ GPU
- Caffe, Caffe, Tensorflow, Tensorflow Lite and other AI framework support
- Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive and Qualcomm Aqstic™ deliver smooth, crystal-clear audio
- Qualcomm Spectra ™ 250 ISP and Adreno 616 GPU architectures contribute to 40% power reduction
- Up to a 35% improvement in graphics performance and power efficiency
- Ultra HD 4K (3840×2160) video capture at 30fps
- Native display support for 2K HDR-capable (QHD+ @60fps, 10 bit)
- Multi-Frame processing engine for Noise Reduction (MFNR) and Super Resolution (MFSR)
- Can connect up to 6 different cameras (many configurations possible)
- Hybrid Autofocus with support for dual phase detection (2PD) sensors
- 3D structured light and time of flight active depth sensing
- Tri-band Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) + 60 GHz
- Enhanced mobility, fast acquisition and congestion mitigation for carrier Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi latency manager for responsive gaming
- Capable of data speeds of up to 800 Mbps DL and 150 Mbps UL
- Improved4 Wi-Fi coverage (2×2) results in a stronger signal, especially in homes and offices with hard to penetrate brick and concrete walls
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 chip allows up to 4K Ultra HD Premium playback with up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS and 1080p video capture @120 FPS. The Snapdragon 712 also benefits from the Qualcomm AI engine which is claimed to automatically adjust UI preferences based on usage pattern to help in scenarios like clicking images or shooting videos.
Also Read About:: MediaTek Helio P90